Monday 24 September 2012

Adjectives I

Salam!

I just learned that Tajik language is also a kind of Persian language spoken in Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Pamir Badakshan mountainous region and Western China. And it sounds more better and convenient to my ears than Iranian Persian language. In Tajik or Persian, adjectives are known as sifat'ho.   

Let us see the examples:

Darakhti sabz A green tree
Binoyi baland A tall building
Mardi khiyelye pir A very old man
Khonai soorkhi kohna The old red house
Dosti khiyelye khoob A very nice friend 

List of adjectives

Rang'ho Colors

Siyoh Black
Kabood Blue
Qahva rang Brown
Khokista rang Grey
Sabz Green
Norinchi Orange
Boonafsh Purple
Soorkh Red
Safyed White
Zard Yellow

Chenak'ho Sizes

Kalon Big
Chukur Deep
Daroz Long
Tang Narrow
Kutoh Short
Khurd Small
Baland Tall
Rafs Thick
Vasheh Wide

I am glad to know that Tajik language is a nice and easy language at least for me. I wanted to be a Persian speaker so badly and trying to speak in it as my daily language. There are not so many Persian speaking people in my country but if I see Iranian, Afghanistani, or Tajikistani I would like to try out what I had learned : )

No comments:

Post a Comment